Daffodil

Daffodil
14 foot 1967 Williamscraft trailer

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Up On The Roof

When this old world starts getting me down,



And people are just too much for me to face—



I climb way up to the top of the stairs



And all my cares just drift right into space ...




On the roof, it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below can't bother me
Let me tell you now
When I come home feelin' tired and beat
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet
(up on the roof)
I get away from the hustling crowd
And all that rat-race noise down in the street
(up on the roof)

On the roof, the only place I know
Where you just have to wish to make it so
Let's go up on the roof
(up on the roof)
Do you remember this song?  It was popular when I was a young girl.  The Drifters made it famous and it often played on my radio.  I sang along.  I thought of it again today.  I thought I would show you the next thing that happened on Daffodil’s journey to beauty.On The RoofOne thing that is very important with RV’s of any kind is the condition of the roof.  Knowing what is going on up on the top is crucial to the well-being of the trailer or motor home.  If the roof leaks, you have a problem!  If the seams aren’t sealed, you have a problem!  If the roof coating is worn or damaged, you have a problem!  The problem?  Water gets inside and ruins a lot of things.  Soon after Daffodil came home with us my sweetheart inspected the roof, the seams and the sealant that had been put on the roof several years ago.  His conclusion was that her seams needed to be resealed and she needed a new coat of roof sealer.  One sunny day he set up ladders and began the job of removing the old seam sealer.  Then he carefully began to put new sealer on each seam on the roof.On The Roof 2One thing I appreciate about my sweetheart is that he does a job well.  He’s particular about the way it’s done and he doesn’t take shortcuts to be sure it’s done right!  The seams needed to dry for a couple of days so the next step had to wait.  A few days later he climbed back up and washed the roof – everything had to be clean for the roof sealer to go down.On The Roof 3If we had known then what we know now – we wouldn’t have been concerned about sealing the seams and the roof.  Come back soon to see why.  Big changes are about to happen and I’m sure you will be amazed  as the process moves along.  She’s going to be a beauty.  It won’t be long now.  You won’t be able to miss it.  I can’t wait to share it all with you.

















5 comments:

  1. So glad your hubby is so smart on how to help Daffy! I would have hated to know you had her all spiffed and and the rain leaked in an ruined things! Oh, what's next? A paint job? You're killing me! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember the song fondly. And your hubby sure does get a gold star for all the work that he's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me curios about that roof...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me curious about that roof...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Adrienne! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and letting me know about your love of vintage trailers!! Ms. Daffodil is DARLING!! She has a great style body on her!! I love her originality.....my Fleetwing Wren was basically gutted...but that's o.k.! For what I am using her for, it works well. I had a 1967 Trailblazer TT (look in older post,early 2012) She had originality, and her famous original shutters made at the factory! Miss that girl.....I want to follow but I don't see a follow me...maybe on FB? Can't wait to see more!!! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see my little vintage trailer. I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, because of comments that weren't in keeping with the spirit of my blog, I have disabled the opportunity to leave anonymous comments. I'm sorry others made this decision necessary.