Daffodil

Daffodil
14 foot 1967 Williamscraft trailer

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Planning and Dreaming

Oh, my! It's been w.a.y. too long since I posted here. Daffodil has not had much done to make her the sweet, little place she will be. She spent the winter in the back corner of our yard. Sitting there alone, at times I'm sure she thought she was forgotten. But she wasn't! I often sat in the hot tub and looked at her across the way - studied her and planned and dreamed of making her the 'girl' place of my dreams. P1282404
At times I unlocked her door and just sat inside.  Planning and dreaming – and wishing!P1282401
She sat there quietly waiting.  I’m sure she wondered about her future.  Then one day my sweetheart and I decided it as time to move her back to our driveway.  Back where we could work on her – get her ready for her ‘new’ life.  It wasn’t long before she made a trip around the block and was back where she started out.  In the driveway.  Ready to go!2012-02-04_11-46-18_8
And there she sits!  My sweetheart’s work schedule has been crazy – he’s been working twelve to fourteen hours a day for way too long.  That schedule is changing and we hope he will be able to help me make the changes Daffodil needs before she’s completely redone!  So, for now – I dream and plan and wait to start working in earnest to make her the little trailer she longs to be!  I have a plan and a dream now.  I know what needs to happen so I’ll share more soon – there are photos to show you of the way she was when I brought her home.  And there are photos to show her first ‘cleaning’.  I’ll be back to share more soon.  Honest.  I promise - I will!

11 comments:

  1. Adrienne, I love your vintage trailer! It is my goal to have one and fix it up one day. And times a-wasting! My friend also has similar ideas and we have our eyes open and have been trying to find one. I would love to read about how you found yours and see what you are going to do with it. Can't wait to get a look inside and hear about your plans for after she is all dolled up and ready to roll!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. She already looks like a charm! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see her transformation along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure is a cutie! The important thing right now is that you have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be so much fun watching the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daffy is one cute gal and I know she must be as anxious for her makeover as you are to give it to her! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daffodil is so cute! Can't wait to see her transformation! I can see yellow polka curtains in her future!

    Thank you for the sweet comment about my sister.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Katherine, She's a treasure box indeed. I cant wait to see what you decide to do to her on the inside. I think the dreaming of what could be is equally as fun as the doing. Here's to your big dreams, and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, she looks very cute, Dear. I know you will enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made a start, often the hardest bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see my little vintage trailer. I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, because of comments that weren't in keeping with the spirit of my blog, I have disabled the opportunity to leave anonymous comments. I'm sorry others made this decision necessary.