Daffodil

Daffodil
14 foot 1967 Williamscraft trailer

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Work Begins

It didn’t take long after Daffodil came home for work to begin on her journey toward beauty!  I could hardly wait but first we had to take some things apart. My sweetheart removed the big mattress and bed and the heavy-duty bunk that had been added. The next thing to go was the old curtains.  It was time to let the light come in. It seemed like instant change!Windows and Bed It was amazing!  Everything felt so open and spacious.  I absolutely loved it!  I wasn’t thrilled with the fabric on the old cushions but we weren’t going to keep them long.  A day or two later, while my sweetheart was at work, I picked up my sweetheart’s big cordless screwdriver/drill and took off the remaining cabinet doors in the kitchen.Kitchen ProjectI loved the big kitchen window – but I didn’t love the yellowed plastic panes that had been added to the bottom louvers. They will be replaced with glass before the renovation is finished.  Kitchen WindowThe next thing to come down was the little table and the wall track it slides into.  I was on a roll!  I didn’t stop!  I took off the closet door. . .Closet with DoorsAnd the door on the shelf unit beside the closet.  I stored the table and all the doors in the big closet for safe keeping.  The doors will be patterns for new doors.  The little table will be used again.Closet and Shelf DoorsThen it was time to remove the old floor tiles that had been put on the wall beside the stove.  Those weren’t easy to remove.  They had been there a long time and they didn’t want to come down.Door and Stove AreaI needed help with the little cabinet that was beside the door.  It all had to come out so my sweetheart took care of that when he came home from work. Little CabinetThat was a lot of work and I was tired!  The afternoon sun shone through the windows and it seemed like a good time to take a nap.Shady Spot

7 comments:

  1. Oh, goody! Looking forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! Oh, this is getting exciting now!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne....has your hubby figured out what all the faucets are for. We have the same ones and we don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a lot of hard work, but I know it will be so worth it when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! You really tore into little Dafodil! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun following your sweet little camper's transformation. Can't wait for the next post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see my little vintage trailer. I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, because of comments that weren't in keeping with the spirit of my blog, I have disabled the opportunity to leave anonymous comments. I'm sorry others made this decision necessary.