Daffodil

Daffodil
14 foot 1967 Williamscraft trailer

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Detour Along The Way

NOTEMy blog ‘With A Grateful Heart’ has disappeared again.  Some of you have emailed to ask me what has happened.  It’s a long story – and I am very frustrated – but I’m working on it.  This happened last year about this time.  I had been assured the problem was fixed and settings were changed so it wouldn’t happen again.  Not true!  Now I find – without any warning – that my blog was taken down.  My dashboard and all of my posts and photos are still there, thankfully, but they don’t show up when you try to find them online.  After many hours searching for the answer and being ‘shushed’ around from pillar to post with non-answers, I finally contacted someone who helped me take the first step to resolve the issue.  Now I’m waiting for them to ‘process’ things and get my blog up and running again.  So, this is the only way I can let you know what has happened.  I have a custom domain for ‘With A Grateful Heart’ – that’s where the problem is.  ‘Daffodil’s Journey’ is still with BlogSpot so this one is not affected.  I’m still here and I have things to share but there’s no way to do it until someone ‘flips the switch’ and gets my blog restored.  Be assured that you will hear from me as soon as I have access again.

Now – let’s continue to see what has happened with Miss Daffodil!  When I last posted about her ‘situation’ it was clear that we had to make big changes in our plans.  She will not be ready to go anywhere this year!  I want to show you what my sweetheart did to dismantle the roof.  Because of the way the roof sheeting was overlapped by the front sheeting, everything on the front had to come off, too.  That left her rather exposed!Insulation ExposedOnce the front sheeting was removed, my sweetheart began the long process of removing the roof.  Piece by piece.  Layer by layer.
Working on the RoofOnce the metal sheeting and the insulation were gone, it was easy to see the roof supports.  The problem area was quickly found and decisions were made about the process needed to fix it.Roof CollageThen my sweetheart went inside and removed the ceiling panels.  Wow!  Did that ever let a lot of light in.  I asked him if we could just make one big skylight.  He suggested that I might not like it if  I wake in the morning to see critters looking down at me.  Sometimes it’s best not to know what’s up there!Open RoofMaybe it would be possible to have a retracting roof!  Sports arenas have them now.  They open when the sun is shines – and close when it rains or snows!  Now, there’s an idea!Open Roof 2We’re not discouraged by all of this.  My sweetheart knows exactly what to do and this is an opportunity to add some amenities we wouldn’t have been able to add if we only made cosmetic changes.Open Roof 3
So, my friends, that’s the way things were for awhile.  But there’s more.  This is our chance to change the wall paneling and make some big changes.  So, we kept going – more dismantling was in our future.  To be continued. . .

2 comments:

  1. It's coming along! Aren't you glad your hubby can do so much of the work? She's gonna be so pretty.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne! I hope you'll see this post. When you comment on my blog and I click on your name to comment back it takes me here- http://withagratefulheart.com/
    Has anyone else said anything about this? Just wanted you to know.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see my little vintage trailer. I would love to hear from you. Unfortunately, because of comments that weren't in keeping with the spirit of my blog, I have disabled the opportunity to leave anonymous comments. I'm sorry others made this decision necessary.